Mr & Mrs Hoxton

As you know, I like to keep my personal life separate from the blog, but it’s not every day that a girl gets married, and our photographer did such a fantastic job that I wanted to share a little something of this very happy occasion with you. So here’s a little taste of our London wedding a few weeks ago:

The obligatory picture of the dress...

The obligatory picture of the dress…

...and the shoes

…and the shoes

The headband made my inner 6 year old very happy; I felt like a Disney princess (without the pouffy ballgown).

Before the ceremony.

Before the ceremony.

The groom proves his excellent character by showing off his new handknitted socks, (which he insisted on wearing in spite of the August heat). Not that I knit socks of course. Ahem.

My bouquet was made of freesias.

My bouquet was made of freesias.

A special buttonhole for a rather dapper suit.

A special buttonhole for a rather dapper suit.

Cerise roses.

Cerise roses.

Our table plan and settings were based on the Underground. Well, had to be done for a London wedding, right?

Time for dinner.

Time for dinner.

Our fabulous cake, made by the wonderful Glenda of the Making Baking and Raking blog.

The Thames looking particularly photogenic in the evening light.

The Thames looking particularly photogenic in the evening light.

The new Mr & Mrs Hoxton take a stroll along the riverside.

The new Mr & Mrs Hoxton take a stroll along the riverside.

It really was a wonderful day and we had an amazing time. Thank you for all your kind messages, good wishes and congratulations.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
This entry was posted in London. Bookmark the permalink.

42 Responses to Mr & Mrs Hoxton

1. SarahCM says:

How beautiful and elegant! Very tasteful cake, lovely buttonhole, freesias! And I LOVE your hair!

May you be as happy together as my DH and I are.

2. NancyN says:

Lovely!

3. Ellen says:

Congratulations! Everything looks so lovely. Thank you so much for sharing. My very best wishes for many happy years together.

4. Kate says:

Lovely photos, and a man who wears hand knitted socks to his wedding has to be a keeper! Congratulations.

5. Amanda says:

Congratulations!!! Beautiful photos!
    I tend to be pretty shy and don’t generally comment on blog posts but I felt really compelled to. I have been following your blog and your podcasts for a little while now and love how your creativity and sense of humour. Listening to you also brings back lots of fond memories of our time in London many years ago. Thanks so much for sharing. Wishing you many many years of happiness!

6. Terina says:

Beautiful – the dress looks amazing on you, best wishes for a happy future together – he wore the socks on a hot day, must be a keeper!

7. Barbara says:

How perfectly perfect it all looks! Many knitterly congratulations from all the way in California!

8. Heidi says:

So beautiful! Wishing you all the best from New Jersey, USA.

9. What a beautiful wedding. Thanks for sharing it with us. Your dress is stunning and it looks amazing on you (from the back anyway LOL). I’m glad you had a wonderful time. Congratulations.

10. azterya says:

Congratulations, it looks like a lovely time.

11. Timeless1 says:

What an elegant affair! Absolutely beautiful! Congrats to you both as you continue your lives together.

12. Tracy says:

Thank you for sharing your photos. Many many congratulations and best wishes for a long, healthy and peaceful life together.

PS Did the Sheep wear a bow tie?

13. JENNIFER C says:

It all looks lovely. Congratulations! Obviously Mr Hoxton is knit-worthy, and thus a keeper. Well done there.

14. drMolly says:

How lovely!! Congratulations to you and your husbanc.

15. Kelsey says:

Oh, it looks so beautiful!!! Congratulations :D

16. Anna Friberg says:

First of all: Congratulations to Mr & Mrs Hoxton!

The pictures are so beautiful. I’m so glad you shared them :)
    I’ll hope you’ll have a fantastic honeymoon!
    /AnnaF (AlpakkaAnna on ravelry)

17. moleymakes says:

Many congratulations to you both >:D<

Everything looked perfect. Your wedding dress was such a simple yet elegant design.

I take it you left the Sheep in charge of the entertainment ;)

May you have many years of wedded bliss ahead of you both xx

18. AlisonK says:

Lovely and very, very elegant. I hope you will both have a long & happy life together.

19. leslie says:

Congratulations from Iowa! Lovely pictures – thanks for sharing!

20. torirot says:

Congratulations!! Thanks for sharing the beautiful photos! I love your dress :-)

21. Martine says:

Stunning! Congratulations both of you x

22. Keira Kiyoko says:

So beautiful! Lovely photography. Best wishes to the lucky couple!

23. sandcola says:

How stunning! Were the chandelier sheaths made just for you? What a lovely setting for such a wonderful day. May you be more together than you could ever have been as two separate persons. Now where is the snap of your bride’s sheep?

24. grapecat says:

Lovely! Everything looks so beautiful! Congratulations!

25. Vicky says:

Congratulations! I got married at the end of May and we had a similar colour scheme to you: green and pink! Hope your day was as special as mine was and best wishes for your future together.

26. JudyAnn says:

Thanks for sharing! Everything looked lovely, and your cake is a stunner. Best wishes to you both!

27. Bea says:

Congratulations, and Best Wishes! Everything looks so lovely and elegant, and the flowers are simply beautiful. Thanks so much for sharing the photos so that we could celebrate this very special day with you!

28. Kim says:

Congratulations! I love your pictures. Everything was so elegant and pretty. Your dress is beautiful :)

29. Liz says:

Congratulations! How very elegant, and colourful; and your dress is beautiful. All the very best for a long and happy life together.

30. NightowlKnitter says:

Squeee! Thanks so much for posting pictures. Congratulations on your beautiful wedding, and I wish you many happy years of future bliss!

31. Anne (Suuf) says:

Congratulations!

It looks wonderful and I wish you a happy life together!

32. Malena in Fort Worth says:

Beautiful! Thank you for sharing, and many blessings your way!

33. Liz says:

Congratulations! Beautiful photos, thanks for sharing.

34. Carol says:

Aaah, he’s a good man! By wearing the socks it shows he appreciates what makes you happy and is on board with sharing it with you. He sounded so nice on the irish trip too. Congratulations to both of you! Love your podcast and miss it but you take your time and enjoy being newlyweds. Beautiful wedding photos. Thank you so much for sharing.
    Carol, across the pond in Virginia

35. LauraSue says:

Thank you SO MUCH for sharing this. We are all so happy for you. Your wedding is probably the biggest party you’ll ever give and it is gratifying to be able to share it with people who will be excited by it. That’s us. Your blog.

36. Kristin says:

I have lots of catching up to do with some of my favorite podcasts and thought I’d pop over to your blog to see what shenanigans you and the sheep have been up to.

Sending squees, a super BIG congrats and a lifetime of happy wishes from across the pond. Beautiful photos! Thank you so much for sharing :)

37. Monica says:

My dear Mrs. Hoxton! What a gorgeous wedding! Please say it was a Gin flavoured cake? Is the groom’s tie the most wonderful shades of gree and purple? Receive hugs from Mexico!

38. Melody says:

Congratulations!

39. Linda says:

Beautiful wedding, stunning details… I know it was a very happy day for both of you. Warmest wishes!!

40. Pingback: The Hoxton Wedding Cake | Making, Baking and Raking

41. mizelissa says:

I am so behind on everything and I JUST saw this! Congratulations, you gorgeous girl!! I wish you both aeons of happiness and good tidings!