Black Death – the pattern

I have just published my Black Death shawl pattern as a free Ravelry download!

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

I am quite giddy with excitement. Thank you to everyone who left encouraging comments, I hope it doesn’t disappoint. As it’s my very first pattern it’s been a steep learning curve, but I’ve checked and double-checked and the utterly brilliant Glenda (of Making, Baking & Raking) has kindly test-knitted it for me, so it should work as intended.

And now I am off to find the Sheep and celebrate with a hefty slice of Battenburg and a large gin cocktail…

This entry was posted in Knitting and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to Black Death – the pattern

1. Yvonne (aka Northernknitter) says:

Oh it’s lovely – thank you so much for publishing and taking such care with the pattern. It’s come at just the right time – off to find some yarn.

2. Anne says:

It is so pretty, I have some Malabrigo Rios in Sunset and I have been at a loss because the color is really bold. I think it would look great in this pattern! Thanks.

3. judith says:

well done, you deserved your celebration time :) I like the less usual colour

4. SarahCM says:

Yayy! I’ve been waiting for this. I’m sure I have something suitable in my stash – if not, my LYS is only 2km away 😀

5. Evita says:

Hello ^_^
    Thank you very much for the pattern, i loved this shawl from the moment i saw it.
    I just wanted to ask a question:
    I managed to make the base part of the shawl after following your pattern and it came out super. I just can figure out how to knit the lace endings. Was i meant to knit them at the same time i knit the base part? Or i have to finish the base part and then move on to the lace ending? If that is the case would it be possible to explain a bit further on how to do that part?

Yes you knit the lace after the base section, it’s all in one piece, just following the instructions as written. If you need more help with lace knitting I recommend ravelry or YouTube as I can’t really do that here.