Party Shoes

There are limits to knitting. I know, I know, it feels almost blasphemous to say so, but there are certain things knitting simply cannot do, where it becomes, dare I say it, useless. Nevertheless, knitting’s all I’ve got, so this is my birthday gift to my darling friend Lucy:

P9221164Alas, it’s about as much help as a chocolate kettle when it comes to beating breast cancer. But it’s soft, it’s silky, it’s in a hand-dyed shade of coral pink called ‘Party Shoes’, and it’s packed with as much love and good-old knitting mojo as I could muster. Besides, knowing Lucy, that crappy illness is getting its arse soundly kicked already.

P9221170Pattern: Travelling Woman
Yarn: Juno Alice Lace

This entry was posted in Knitting and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to Party Shoes

1. Mary says:

the shawl is gorgeous. I’m sure Lucy will feel your hugs and well-wishes when she wears it. (knitting is all I’ve got, too – and that’s what I tell myself about my knitted gifts!)

2. Annette says:

I think your fabulous shawl will be very useful to Lucy, as comfort and encouragement. It can’t fight the battle for her (noone can), but it (and you) can definitely be on her side.

3. I think it’s a beautiful gesture and Lucy will adore it.

4. drMolly says:

So beautiful & shows the love with which it is sent.

5. Jenny says:

That’s a beautiful gift and a beautiful gesture…and a beautiful yarn too, I know because I’ve got some but I’m keeping it for myself!

6. Nathalie says:

It’s a really nice thought, a little softness in a rough time.
    You are a good friend, good luck and lots of positive thought for her

7. Isabelle says:

What a stunning shawl – and a thoughtful gift.