Episode 21: Inspiration

The Sheep is back.

Kicking off Series II with a look at inspiration; a rundown of some fab knitting podcasts; the highs (and lows) of Interweave Knits Weekend and a new yarn from Rowan.  Plus we learn that the Force is strong in Tescos and that you don’t have to be able to write to become a publishing phenomenon.

Knitting podcasts (which are all easily found in iTunes):

Forgotten Classics;  Belle of the Ball; Stitch Stud; Knitajourney; Knitting in the Round; The Sassy Sheep; CraftLit,; KIPping It Real; Savvy Girls; Here’s To Ewe; Knitmore Girls; CogKNITive.

Interweave Knits Weekend

Rowan Lima

Jedi in Tescos

Dan Brown’s 20 Worst Sentences

This entry was posted in podcast and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to Episode 21: Inspiration

1. monbouton says:

Great to hear you’re back !

here’s a quick link to let you know i’ve done a (short) review of your podcast, hoping other listeners will come and discover your work !

2. Violet says:

Very happy that you’re back, great episode!

Here’s a few more podcasts worth a listen, although it’s unlikely you have’t heard of them:
    (Another European podcaster! I for one would gladly welcome more of you, because, as you said, the ones from the States are understandably US-specific in terms of events and new yarns.)

I haven’t listened much to KIPping It Real so I can’t really compare, but the host of Manic Purl is definitely another sweet girl.

3. Julie D. says:

Julie of Forgotten Treasures … wait I mean Forgotten Classics here. Thank you very much for your kind words! I actually do listen past the essay, as witness my interested note taking during your podcast mentions. And I knit, although in a very lack luster fashion compared to most of the knitters I run into today. I’m just an oddity in not caring about hearing people talk about their knitting …

Lovely piece on inspiration … thank you!

4. Susan says:

Katie, thanks for the “shout out” on your podcast. This is Susan, from Knitajourney. I’m glad you enjoy the podcaster interviews. I’ve heard from a few of my listeners that would like to hear YOU interviewed. Are you feeling up for that?

5. tinkernell says:

Thanks for sharing your list of podcasts. A podcast you didn’t mention is Never Not Knitting. It is definitely worth a listen!

6. annmarie says:

Going back to my teaching job in early September has set me back badly in my knitting and my podcast listening, so I just got to your newest episode this afternoon. What a treat from start to finish! And I just had to go take a look at the Champagne Fizz hat after your description set me off laughing. After seeing the photos – and it almost seems an abuse of the model that Interweave includes bonus (!) photos – I have to wonder if perhaps the designer had a hand in those hotel curtains.